I have a confession to make, teeming millions. Right now, I’m in a foreign locale, sampling new and unknown tidbits and immersing myself in a foreign culture.
Here are a few hints about my location:
1. It has a population of around 315,000.
2. The New York Times has included it in their list of the 41 places to go in 2011.
3. It has a volcano.
4. It might be Hawaii.
5. But probably not.
6. Actually I don’t think Hawaii is even on the list of 41 places to go in 2011.
7. It’s an island.
8. It’s the site of one of the world’s first republican governments.
9. One of the local drinks is a schnapps known as Black Death.
10. Reindeer, puffins and whales are among the natural fauna that can be observed on or near the island.
11. You can also see the Northern Lights.
12. Geologically speaking, it is a young country with origins in the last 20 million years, which makes me feel even younger.
13. Until fairly recently, the entire nation would go without television for an entire month in the summer, while the stations’ staff went on vacation. No kidding.
14. It’s noted for horse trekking.
15. …and singers wearing unusual costumes.
Think you’ve got the right answer?? Tune in tomorrow to find out!